As sad as it is to say, it’s finally time to wrap up skincare week. I’ve chatted about a lot of products, as well as some thoughts on my own skincare journey, and I thought I would leave you all with this: taking great care of your skin doesn’t have to cost a fortune. While there are a lot of amazing luxury skincare products on the market, creating an entire routine out of them can easily set you back hundreds of dollars. And let’s be real, how many of us can justify that kind of spending? Yes, above all else I think your skin is worth investing in, and if you want to spend $60 on an anti-aging serum I’ll be the last one to judge. But if you’re living on a budget, those kinds of splurges may just not be feasible.
Fortunately, with a little bit of shopping savvy, you can still put together a kick ass skincare regimen without breaking the bank. I’ve honestly been blown away by some of the products I’ve seen in the aisles of Target and CVS and truly believe that cost is not always indicative of quality. And that’s why I wanted to create today’s post. For less than the cost of a single bottle of Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil, you can buy these 8 products, covering every single important skincare base from cleansing and moisturizing, to sun protection and dealing with the occasional pimple. And if that alone doesn’t entice you, I also made it my mission to pick products that utilized high quality, natural ingredients and would be suitable for just about any skin type. Sounds too good to be true? Just you wait and see.
1. Makeup Remover – Step numero uno in any skincare routine is parting ways with your foundation and eyeshadow for the day. I’m a huge fan of Simple Micellar Cleansing Water ($7.99), which does a fantastic job of breaking down makeup while still being gentle and hydrating. Micellar water is also great for a quick morning or mid-day cleanse.
2. Cleanser – I seriously don’t know what I did before I discovered the Pacifica Sea Foam Complete Face Wash ($10). Unlike many other foamy gel cleansers, this one manages to get your skin feeling incredibly clean without leaving it dry and tight. It’s also got a fresh, coconut-y fragrance that makes washing your face that much more enjoyable.
4. Spot Treatment – We all know the woes of the occasional pesky pimple. Having a spot treatment on hand like The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil ($10) can be a huge lifesaver for those days where a blemish decides to rear its ugly head. I especially like this product because it kills pimple producing bacteria without overly drying your skin.
5. Moisturizer – With a combination of aloe, glycerin, hyaluronic acid, and vitamin rich plant oils, the Air Repair Complexion Boosting Moisturizer ($20) will deeply hydrate your skin without being overly heavy or greasy.
6. Eye cream – The delicate skin around your eyes is especially prone to showing signs of damage. Nourish, depuff, and fight fine lines with Acure Organics Eye Cream ($16.99), which contains a beautiful blend of antioxidant rich fruit extracts and plant oils.
7. Sun protection – We all know SPF should be a part of our daily skincare routine, no matter what season it is. The Bare Republic Mineral Face Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30 ($14.99) not only smells amazing, but it utilizes sensitive skin friendly physical sunscreens Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide to protect your face from the sun.
Our imaginary shopping list rings up to an amazingly reasonable $99.91. $100 is not a small figure, but when you consider how much you’re getting product-wise, and how many months this all will last you, it’s kind of an incredible bargain. Also, let’s not forget that many of these products can be found at your local drugstores, Ulta, or Birchbox.com where sales and coupons can almost always be had.
What are your feelings on budget skincare? Do you have any favorite products to recommend? What would your $100 skincare routine look like? Post a comment below and share your thoughts!